The Bioproducts AgSci Research Cluster
WEBINAR - February 23, 24 & 25, 2021
The Bioproducts AgSci Research Cluster initiative is managed by Bioindustrial Innovation Canada (BIC). This initiative is a nationally distributed pre-commercial research cluster focused on the development of industrial bioproducts technologies and their feedstocks from the Canadian agriculture sector, supported by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. Funding was provided through the Canadian Agricultural Partnership's, AgriScience Program.
Agenda: DAY 1
Tuesday February 23, 2021
1. Chithra Karunakaran, Manager – Environmental and Earth Sciences, Canadian Light Source Inc.
2. Ralph DeJong, Vice President R&D and Customer Solutions, EcoSynthetix
3. Lisa Marmillod, Lead Engineer, Testing EIT, EcoPoxy Inc. & Yaroslav Germanov, Applied Research and Product Development, EcoPoxy Inc.
4. Roger Samson, Executive Director, Resource Efficient Agricultural Production (REAP) Canada
Agenda: DAY 2
Wednesday February 24, 2021
Theme: Biochemicals, Biofuels & Bioenergy
1. Amar Mohanty, Professor and OAC Distinguished Research Chair in Sustainable Biomaterials, University of Guelph
2. Kalsi Sukhdev, Professional Engineer, DMT Bioproducts
3. Uche Sea-Nduka, Biorefining Conversions and Fermentation Laboratory, University of Alberta
4. Andrew VanderZaag, Research Scientist, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC)
Agenda: DAY 3
Thursday February 25, 2021
Theme: Synthetic Biology & Industrial Bioproducts
1. Jordan Thomson, Director, Strategic Partnerships and Resource Development Ontario Genomics
2. Gopal Subramaniam, Ottawa Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC).
3. Lars Rehmann, Professor, Western University
4. David Stuart, Professor - Department of Biochemistry, University of Alberta
5. Trevor Charles, Professor – Department of Biology and Director of Waterloo Centre for Microbial Research, University of Waterloo & David Levin, University of Manitoba